Start a Chapter
Chartering a chapter of the National English Honor Society (NEHS) connects schools with an international network of English teachers and students who share a special interest in language, literature, and writing. Having a chapter at your school provides opportunities to:
- involve top students and teachers in academically and culturally enriching experiences;
- acknowledge the achievement of outstanding students;
- expand your school’s reputation through affiliation with a national honor society;
- develop student leadership opportunities through student-generated and student-directed activities;
- increase students’ personal growth through service and leadership; and
- engage in non-classroom environments, allowing student and teacher interaction focused on language.
How to Apply for a Local Chapter
NEHS chapters can be established at individual high schools. Please read details on eligibility and starting a chapter.
Below is the link for the on-line National English Honor Society charter application form. The most convenient way to expedite the processing of the application is to use a credit card. However, if a check is to be issued, the application will be held until the check has arrived in the Central Office. If you have questions, contact NEHS Director Dave Wendelin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-981-8682.