2017 Junior Summer Study Stipend
The Junior Summer Study Stipend is presented to members of National English Honor Society (NEHS) who are high school juniors, rising to the senior class in the fall of 2017. This award is intended to support students who have been selected for or who will be attending a summer learning program that is related to English studies in a direct way. Up to two awards for $750 will be offered each year.
This award is competitive in nature; applications will be evaluated by members of the Advisory Council of NEHS.
- The student must be an NEHS member in good standing of an active chapter.
- The student must be a high school junior prior to the summer of study.
- The program of study must be offered by an established institution or organization that is identified in the required documentation. Provide a link to the institution or organization website for verification.
- The parent/guardian and NEHS Chapter Advisor of the student must review the application essay document.
- Students receiving an award must agree to write about the learning experience for the NEHS blog, The Museletter, upon the conclusion of the study. Photos of the experience, with captions, must accompany the article.
- The program must be related to English studies in a demonstrable way.
Evaluation of the Applications
- The Central Office will verify the active membership of the student(s) and of chapter(s).
- The Advisory Council members will review all applications and rank them based on the quality of the information received and the connection to English studies that the program offers.
- The winner(s) of the stipend will receive a check for $750 to be applied toward registration, travel, tuition, room and board, or materials.
Application Essay Document
- the program of study;
- the interest she/he has in attending and how the program helps with the student's academic goals; and
- how the program aligns with the study of English.
The award is intended for use as a supplement for travel, tuition, books and materials, and/or room and board costs. It should not be used for incidental purchases or entertainment.
Submissions will be accepted between Monday, April 3 and Monday, May 1, 2017, 11:59 p.m. CDT.
View: 2013-2016 Winners